Understanding the Fivefold Ministry: How Do These Five Leadership Gifts Work Together
The ministry gifts are alive and well today!
When Jesus ascended to heaven, He left gifts behind: apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. But their operation has often been surrounded by neglect, confusion, and outright controversy. Jack Hayford, Cindy Jacobs, Reinhard Bonnke, C. Peter Wagner, Fuchsia Pickett, Tommy Barnett, and many others combine decades of experience, reflection, and biblical study to uncover the true purpose for the fivefold ministry.
Find answers to these questions regarding the release and shepherding of the fivefold ministry:
- Who are the modern-day apostles, and why does the church still need them?
- What are the marks of an authentic prophet, and how should we judge prophecy?
- How do you know if you're called to be an evangelist, and what's the most effective method for leading an unbeliever to Christ?
- Why are teachers so influential, and how do we discern false doctrine?
- What is the role of the pastor in the twenty-first century, and how is it changing?
- How do the five ministry gifts cooperate in the local church, and who's in charge when all five are active?
About the Author
Matthew Green is managing editor of Ministries Today magazine and an ordained minister with the Assemblies of God.
Publisher: Charisma House (July 12, 2005)
Paperback: 216 pages
Item Weight: 1 pounds
Dimensions: 6.75 x 0.49 x 9.75 inches