The Christian's Journey Through Grief: How to Walk Through the Valley With Hope
Don't Get Over It. Get Through It.
There are tools you can use to walk through the process of grief in a healthy way.
- Distinguish between normal and unhealthy grieving
- Maintain your physical health, emotional health, and relationships while grieving
- Work through the crisis of faith grief often brings
- Walk the specific steps that grieving can take toward healing
As one who recently experienced the death of her husband, Dr. Carol speaks authoritatively yet compassionately from both a personal perspective and the perspective of a physician and minister. In this book she addresses:
- What to expect while grieving
- What is normal and abnormal grief
- How to deal with the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of grief
- How grief affects one’s relationship with God
- Which steps the grieving person can take toward healing
- How the hope of eternity helps in the journey of grief
Embrace the pain of grief without getting stuck in it, and take God on your journey to experience hope
About the Author
Carol Peters-Tanksley, MD, DMin, (known professionally as Dr. Carol) is an ob-gyn, ordained Christian minister, author, and speaker. She has practiced medicine for twenty-five years and is board certified in obstetrics-gynecology and reproductive endocrinology. Dr. Carol received her medical degree from Loma Linda University and completed an ob-gyn residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California. She obtained her Doctor of Ministry degree from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Dr. Carol hosted the Dr. Carol Show syndicated radio program together with her husband, Al Tanksley, until his death in 2016, and she now is a regular guest on other radio programs. Dr. Carol makes her home in Austin, Texas, where she enjoys being Grandma Carol to four wonderful grandchildren.
Publisher: Charisma House (May 7, 2019)
Paperback: 240 pages
Item Weight: 8 ounces
Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.55 x 8.25 inches